Scheduling Your First Appointment:
What to Expect
- If you are in crisis, it is important for you to take prompt action, because the UTRGV Clinics do not provide on-call crisis intervention. If you are in crisis, call Tropical Texas Behavioral Health Crisis Line at 877-289-7199.
- If you are not in crisis, please fill out the Intake Form (English or Spanish) and Symptom Checklist. You must do this before we will contact you.
- Then, the Clinic staff will assign you to a student counselor, who will contact you via email and schedule an intake interview with you.
- You and your counselor will agree on the time and date of your intake interview (and any further appointments), and then your counselor will book your first appointment on our online Visibook calendar.
- You will receive automatic notifications when your appointment is booked, and again 24 hours before your appointment is scheduled.
- You can always view your appointment on the online Visibook calendar.